Thursday, January 26, 2017

Kiryu's Quick Critiques - Resident Evil: The Final Chapter


Hello everyone, Kiryu904 here. Today, I went to see Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, both written as well as directed by Paul W. S. Anderson and stars Milla Jovovich, Ali Larter, Ian Glen and Shawn Roberts. This is, of course, the final installment in the Resident Evil film series, which is loosely based on the video game series of the same name. Unlike many other people, I've enjoyed all of the previous movies in this franchise, despite their flaws. The plot was simple, easy for me to follow, and had a decent resolution. I liked seeing the return of characters from the previous films. As for the new characters here, they weren't at all memorable and were pretty disposable. The acting from everyone wasn't noteworthy, but was serviceable. While the action was mostly hard to focus on, it still managed to be entertaining and the special effects were passable. The soundtrack had some awesome moments, but it wasn't exactly as good as those from the earlier movies. In closing, I thought this was a nice ending to the Resident Evil films. While it was lacking in areas, I still found it enjoyable. Okay, that's all I have to say on this post. Bye, and look forward to more of my thoughts on upcoming movies.




No comments:

Post a Comment